Welcome to the Los Angeles City Tourism Department!
Tourism is a powerful force in the growth and development of the Los Angeles economy, not only showcasing our City to the world, but also creating employment opportunities for residents and providing critical support for local businesses. Los Angeles’ tourism and hospitality sector will help lead our City as we emerge from the significant economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To that end, the City Tourism Department (CTD) will be working with partners and stakeholders to ensure that Los Angeles is prepared for sustainable, long-term growth in the number of visitors to the City and the associated economic benefits those travelers bring to the region.
Our department’s main goals include:
- Expanding and modernizing the Convention Center to increase offerings and improve our competitive position
- Promoting hotel development, with the goal of having 8,000 hotel rooms within walking distance of the Convention Center
- Sustainably increasing the number of visitors to Los Angeles – We reached our goal of 50 million visitors in 2018 and are now working to recover and again welcome 50 million visitors by 2024
- Supporting the restoration of transient occupancy tax (TOT) as the leisure and hospitality sector recovers from the pandemic crisis, targeting a goal of $300 million in TOT revenue toward the City’s General Fund during 2024
- Implementing the 22 recommendations in our Tourism Master Plan, which is a destination management plan that strengthens the City’s position as a global destination
Chief Tourism Officer
City Tourism Department Executive Director